BENEFICIAL NEMATODES are naturally occurring organisms that migrate through the soil to find insect larvae by detecting either a slight increase in temperature or release of methane gas. Infective nematodes enter larvae and release symbiotic bacteria that kill the host within days.
* Are free of chemical insecticides and harmless to humans, animals, and plants
* Are natural flea predators and kill only harmful insect larvae
* Are also effective in controlling fly larvae in compost piles
* Kill pre-adult fleas in the yard within 24 hours
* Are fully tested by leading universities
* Work as long as food (flea larvae or other insect larvae) can be found in the soil
* Are safe to use in areas frequented by pets
* Have no risk of resistance
* Are easy to use and apply with any hose-end sprayer or tank sprayer
* Is a part of a total flea control program
Beneficial Nematodes are shipped in a clay medium that is water-soluble. They can be safely stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Do not freeze. Always release nematodes at dusk, when temperatures are cooler.
Dosage is 1 million per 1,000 square feet. Custom sizes available. Please call or email for more details.
Also available is a hose-end sprayer. It is the preferred method of distribution for nematodes.